The Packetmaster EX5-2 is a network packet broker designed for handling copper interfaces from 10 Mbit to Gigabit. The Packetmaster filters and load balances traffic from 10 Gbps link to multiple 1 Gbps monitoring tools. It can aggregate multiple 1-Gbps links to 10 Gbps monitoring tools. The product has a non-blocking design and offers top performance. The native copper interface of the EX5-2 has an advantage because the product does not require copper SFP. This reduces the price of the product and also makes it more technically advanced.
Layer 4 packet broker
- Finite Rule Life: Rules can be set with a timeout period where the rule will be removed automatically after a set period of time or a set period without traffic activity. Rules can be dynamically created via the REST API.
- Generate sFLOWS CDRS: The EX5-2 is able to generate standard-conform sFlow information of the incoming traffic. The sFlow CDRs can be sent via the management interface to any external sFlow Tools for further processing.
- GRE Tunnel support: The Packetmaster EX5-2, like all Packetmaster Series NPBs, can function as a GRE tunnel endpoint.
- AAA Radius support: Radius support for Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA).
- Stacking of units: One Packetmaster can control several other Packetmasters. This gives the possibility to extend the number of ports per unit.